My guest today is co-host of The Talk on CBS, Sharon Osbourne. Throughout Sharon’s remarkable life, she was raised by a violent and manipulative father, married a rock star and helped launch his career, starred in a reality TV show with her family, and survived cancer. We discuss how she’s persevered despite her many life challenges during this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- Ever since childhood, you’ve dealt with reoccurring family abuse and illness. How have you been able to manage through these experiences and become a stronger and smarter person as a result?
- You recently did a special episode of THE TALK to spread awareness for World Mental Health Day. What advice can you offer to those who are suffering from mental health issues right now and want to heal?
- You’ve said that you take pride in your “truthfulness”. How have you handled criticism from people who disagree with you even though you’re sharing your truth?
- How has being a public figure for so long both made it easier and harder to be a wife and mother?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Sharon’s journey: