My guest today is former WWE Hall of Famer turned TV host, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Steve is most known as being one of the most successful wrestlers of all time with 19 total championships and as the “poster boy” for WWE’s Attitude Era. He is the only wrestler to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Chairman Vince McMahon. Since retiring he has become a popular podcaster and TV host. As a long-time wrestling fan, I had the pleasure of speaking with Steve about his wrestling career and season 2 of “Straight Up Steve Austin” for this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- You retired from wrestling back in 2003 and we just witnessed The Undertaker Mark Calloway retire after 30 years in the business. When you examine your entire wrestling career, what do you most want to be remembered for and what do you see for the future of the business?
- You’ve gone through a huge grind during your career, from an intense travel schedule to injuries. How have you maintained a healthy lifestyle post-retirement and what does your diet look like these days?
- You spent time with a variety of celebrities, like Ice-T, Steve-O, and Brett Favre, during the filming of your show “Straight Up Steve Austin“. What did you learn from your guests during these conversations and activities?
- In today’s media world, authenticity is hard to come by. What is your secret for having authentic conversations with your TV show and podcast guests?
- What’s your best piece of career advice?
Follow Steve’s journey: