My guest today is the star of CNBC’s The Profit and Streets of Dreams, Marcus Lemonis. Marcus is not only the CEO of Camping World but is an investor and champion of numerous small businesses with over $75 million invested. He recently added a Business Learning Center to his website to promote the business education we discuss in this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- In your childhood, your family supported you as you were starting your first business and now you’ve pledged $50 million to support other small businesses. How did the support you received inspire you to give back to others?
- The Covid-19 pandemic has enriched major corporations while decimating small businesses with about 800 closures every day. What tactical advice can you offer entrepreneurs who are trying to navigate through this crisis?
- You and I are both believers in lifelong learning. What have you learned about yourself and American business during your experience hosting Streets of Dreams?
- You’ve said that most of the businesses you’ve worked with don’t work out even after your capital investment. What are the similarities between those that are successful and the ones that fail?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Jim’s journey: