My guest today is the host of The Dr. Phil Show, Dr. Phil McGraw. After achieving his childhood goal of becoming a psychologist, Dr. Phil co-founded Courtroom Sciences, Inc providing litigation psychology, jury selection, and other services to major companies. It was there where he began working with Oprah who invited him on her show and the rest is history. I caught up with Dr. Phil to ask him timely questions about the impact of the pandemic on our lives and get some advice, for this podcast episode.
The 5 questions I ask in this episode:
- The mental health epidemic has worsened due to the impact of Covid and we recently celebrated World Mental Health Day. I just led a global study with Oracle finding that 70% of people say that this is the most stressful year ever. What can both institutions and individuals do to start addressing our growing mental health needs?
- People generally feel lonelier now because they are remote working, self-isolating, and social-distancing. What are some ways we can build meaningful relationships from afar?
- You’re not only a TV host, author, and clinical psychologist but also a business person. How has this crisis impacted you as a leader and what are some ways you’ve continued to build trust with your employees during this time?
- Our education system has been highly disrupted this year and I’m thankful that I graduated over a decade ago. What impact do you think school closures and remote learning will have on children’s lives as they eventually transition to the workforce?
- What is your best piece of career advice?
Follow Dr. Phil’s journey: