An interview with Steve Harvey, host of the syndicated talk show “Steve”, the morning radio show “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” and Family Feud, about how he overcame his biggest struggle, how to handle fear, his daily routines, letting go of negative people and what’s most important to him in life.
Welcome to the tenth episode of 5 Questions with Dan Schawbel. As your host, my goal is to curate the best advice from the world’s smartest and most interesting people by asking them just 5 questions.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 8:13 — 9.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | https://danschawbel.com/subscribe
This episodes guest:
Steve Harvey was raised in Welch, West Virginia. Some of his original jobs growing up were a boxer, an autoworker, an insurance salesman, a carpet cleaner and a mailman. In 1990, he was a finalist in the Second Annual Johnnie Walker National Comedy Search, which led him to being the host of “Showtime at the Apollo”. In 1994, his success as a stand-up comedian led to a starring role on ABC Show “Me and the Boys”. From 1996 to 2002 he stared in The Steve Harvey Show on the WB Network. At the same time, he worked as a stand-up comedian performing on the King of Comedy Tour with Bernie Mac, Cedric the Entertainer and D.L. Hughley. In 2010, he become the host of his morning radio show and at the same time began hosting Family Feud and then Celebrity Family Feud. More recently, he became the host of Steve. In the past several years, he’s written multiple bestselling books including Straight Talk, No Chaser, Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man and Jump. He is a six-time Daytime Emmy Award winner, two-time Marconi Award winner, and a 14-time NAACP Image Award winner in various categories.
The 5 questions questions I ask in this episode:
- Tell us the story of a major obstacle in your life, how you overcame it, and how it’s helped you become who you are today.
- How do people not let the fear of failure get in their own way of a successful life?
- What are some of your daily routines that have made you more energized and happy?
- How do we let go of the people in our lives that are doing us harm instead of supporting our ambitions?
- But what role does faith, religion and family play in pushing through you know some of life’s greatest challenges?
Follow Steve’s journey:
Leave a Reply